View Single Post
Old 02-05-11, 09:40 PM   #26
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
teh SDI's will actually take slight amount of stress off the pump - if you ran it to the same power and torque levels as it was before... if you leave the mapping to suit the old ones and get the extra torque then there is no additional difference.

Maybe a little more heat in the pup mechanism - but nothing i would constitute as a risk....

it is amazing how getting a car to run 'right' is so much better than covering up past issues. i just have a slight MAF issue i think; bought a new one and it is a lttle flat sub 200k still - and the timing may have to be slightly adjusted again - it was off when the fuel pump timing solenoid was failing; and as a result was tweaked slightly: could be linked to the sub 2k hesitation.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote