Thread: Mg zs 115.
View Single Post
Old 31-01-09, 08:49 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackers View Post
I'm looking to go from my MG ZR 105 to a ZS. What if anything, is there to know about the diesel engines? I'm getting a little bit fed up of my petrol as it has had problems which are sorted now but I worry about it too much!

Just wondering if the regulars could gimme some info on them, what regular problems there are, what I should be checking etc?

Cheers!
I'm going up to Santa Pod tomorrow, if I can find it, and hope to have a run or two, if the figures look ok I will post up, if it all goes horrible wrong you will never hear from me again.

My TD goes well and it went round Brands Hatch with the other ZS's the other day and I only had to get out of Stamford and Murrays way ( one tuned and one running nitros). You get cheap Road Fund Tax £120 They are a bit noisy but thats on the outside, when your driving its quite, I've had a de-cat, powerflow ss from de-cat to back box and a remap, BMC filter. Plus a Roverron MAF box.

Trouble is the extra power is at a cost, checked mpg the other day and it was down to 34.4.

Still that was after using the extra power and found that I had overfulled it by putting the MAF thingy up too high, turned it down to 33% and will re check.

I did have all the belts, fluids, disks and pads sorted as you never know how its been looked after before you buy it.

In my opinion they are great cars, the engine is a L series, not modern like the BMW diesel, but has been around a few years without any major problems.

The car alarm was my only problem and this was a soggy sender unit that can be sorted by following the help on the forum.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote