Thread: Mg zs 115.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-09, 03:29 PM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
In terms of things to look out for, as Peter mentioned the MAF goes - so a MAFAM from Ron is almost a must. (although i have disconencted mine as my injectors were overfueling pre boost with it plugged in)

Other thigns to look out for are the Intercooler hoses weeping and eventually splitting - very common. they are £35+vat for a top hose from xpart.

Another issue is theEGR can get gummed up and stop working properly. They can be cleaned and re-assembled or blanked off on a Mk1 car. the 2004 have to have it removed from the ECU MAP (you can tell it never to run so therefore it does not mind if it is banled off) if you dont you wioll get the MIL light on.

Peter has done pretty much all you can do -tho a remap and\or fitting some SDI injectors could give a bit more power. Although you have top be careful as much more starts to generate too much torque for the clutch&gearbox....

The oil cooler pipes are also prone to corrode, so take a quick look at them if you can - not hugely expensive job to get changed.

Funal thing that effects all ZS's is the Ac pipes can rub and split...

The L-series if looked after is pretty bullet proof, and for aabout £500 you can get some nice minor alterations to it to get about 140-150bhp. If you want more it gets costly...

HTH
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote