Thread: 182 va va voom!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-13, 09:42 PM   #1
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
182 va va voom!

A year has past and my membership has clocked over one year, I was going not to renew but for all it was, and the fact I quite like this wee place and decided to carry on

So a year has past and although I had the Track Zed for only 10months, I had been one of the best cars I had, great fun and done on a budget. I do miss it but it was a joint adventure and the timing was right.

That brings me to this, a Renault Clio 182 - the new road legal trackday toy!

plan on doing a small up to date build thread on this, nothing like I had done before, not as picture crazy haha! been on cliosport.net, good site and loads of info but you need to go hunting as there is a few now and again more interested in shooting each other down and not so helpful. anyway....

the Clio, I decided the engine bay needed a freshening up

Before: (note not actual engine bay but looking identical)

done a bit of stripping

End result:

This Sunday is yet again another Knockhill day and if the weather is good, was going to take the clio a blast round the track, and with wanting to do a few improvements such as coilovers, full stainless, dropping to 15", and looking into a possible set of cam, I got one of the jobs done at the weekend there,

new SS exhaust system fitted, as the old one was getting a bit tatty, and was the original system, so well overdue being replaced.

as for other repairs, I have had new driveshafts fitted due to not being able to source an ABS ring as they are not standard, decided I wanted new pads and disks all round, so full miltex drilled, grooved and vented. replaced the rear suspension as it was sitting odd as it had standard clio dampers, got a good 2nd hand pair of ebay and cured that, so yeah not of to a flyer with it, but now that they are done its (hopefully) one less thing to worry about.

on a separate note, its got a lot of fun factor about it, but if I'm honest, I'm sure the Track Zed felt of more quality.... French Eh!
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote