View Single Post
Old 11-02-19, 05:20 PM   #358
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
But of an update... I'd not realised that quite so much time had passed - my dad's cancer and eventual death has kinda warped perspective of time.

We had some issues with overboost - location of the turbo and actuator and oil drain caused issues and the vanes wouldn't properly and fully open.

Then the clutch hydraulics failed again. It was difficult to track down the part fitted by matt, my paperwork only had a handwritten note about a clutch slave and no part numbers on it. Seal rebuild kit didn't solve the leak either...

We've something on there that's been customised, I think ultimately we need to find a bigger/stronger slave as I've popped the seals at least 4 times now on the slave so the helix cover is probably a bit too strong for what we had fitted.

But now we've got some gears it's been on the dyno to test the overboost issue and without a connection to a vac tube to run it as nasp we've only got a tiny amount of boost right at the top end....

So controller can be plugged in, ecu can be mapped and we can test/define the combined responses....

Running nasp still hit 120bhp...so more than it came out the factory, but the torque curve is terrible lol.

Hoping to get things tweaked running with the sdi's then I think we'll throw the custom injectors in and see where we can go from there...

I'm not sure I will make PoL as still need an MOT too, but should finally get to make use of all those fancy mods I've bought and hopefully no more HG issues!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote