Thread: New MG 'ZS'
View Single Post
Old 29-12-17, 12:20 AM   #6
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Had one today while my 3 was in for service. It was only registered this morning so brand spanking new. It had a very good nav system on this top spec model.
Here’s my thoughts:
- build quality is superb, best modern MG yet. Interior design is stylish, simplistic and overall a nice place to be. A good mix of materials.
- love the touchscreen (one of the best on the market according to my stepdad who delivers top end cars to customers). Synced to my iPhone in seconds and the built in nav is brilliant, very modern
- handling is as sharp as my 3, I tried all 3 driving modes on duel carriageway, roundabouts and back roads. You can tell a difference unlike what the press reports say, although perhaps its a bit of a gimmick.
- looks very modern and stylish, the chrome grille and lights stand out
- gearbox is lovely and smooth, not once did it feel notchy.
- the 1.5 engine feels smoother and delivers the power better than my 3 (same engine, but with a different map) Theres no hesitation and above 2.5k revs almost feels like it has a small turbo. Its not a quick car, but drop a gear and it moves. I would have liked to try the 1L auto but thats for another time.
- Leather seats are very comfortable, I was hoping for heated seats but even though it was -2 when I picked the car up, the seats did't feel cold.
- massive boot and loads of room inside
- 47mpg over 100 miles of mixed driving
- rear parking camera is great

So overall it’s a decent package. £15k top of the range, 7 year warranty and 0% finance. Never considered an SUV, but it’s tempting. It’s such a step up from the 3 although I still enjoy driving that car. I just wish they’d put the GS Turbo engine in. Apparently the 1.0l Turbo auto is a better engine so may check that out.