View Single Post
Old 04-10-13, 04:11 PM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Diesels are all about the miles you do and your finances.

If you need to cut costs - get one. If not - there is no way in hell that it will be a better place to be than a 180. I don't care what you say about performance. A standard 180 - is faster than a 160 tuned diesel.

My diesel was tuned to 151 and rr'd at that figure. It went well, but every morning the clatter was crazy - every time you stopped at a set of lights or give way, the clatter was crazy - every time I booted it .... blah blah - you get the idea.

And Dave - I said this before when you made a comparison either here or on another site - you drove a dog mate. Mine goes like the clappers, been RRd at 184 the other week and if you'd like to have a drive, you'd be more than welcome - or even Pompski's well sorted example with a few breathing mods meaning that if his vis motors are OK his should be making even more.

But - when I'm stationary, I can't hear the engine, and when I do put my foot down, it's beautiful.

Craig - if you need some cheap transportation - get one. If not - don't bother. It'll never be the same.

Last edited by Dan1971; 04-10-13 at 05:08 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote