View Single Post
Old 04-10-13, 04:45 PM   #16
Dave

Dave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Diesels are all about the miles you do and your finances.

If you need to cut costs - get one. If not - there is no way in hell that it will be a better place to be than a 180. I don't care what you say about performance. A standard 180 - is faster than a 160 tuned diesel.

My diesel was tuned to 151 and rr'd at that figure. It went well, but every morning the clatter was crazy - every time you stopped at a set of lights or give way, the clatter was crazy - every time I booted it .... blah blah - you get the idea.

And Dave - I said this before when you made a comparison either here or on another site - you drove a dog mate. Mine goes like the clappers, been RRd at 184 the other week and if you'd like to have a drive, you'd be more than welcome - or even Pompski's well sorted example with a few breathing mods meaning that if his vis motors are OK his should be making even more.

But - when I'm stationary, you can't hear the engine, and when you do when I put my foot down, it's beautiful.

Craig - if you need some cheap transportation - get one. If not - don't bother. It'll never be the same.
I remember you saying the same mate, obviously i am not going to say the car is bad or not, as James was kind enough to allow me a drive in his pride and joy. To be fair, i have not had experience of another 180, so i have nothing to compare to.

Will have to get you up to an area meet sometime, and well have a trip out to compare

Cheers
Dave

MGR East Anglia - THE area meet, for all enthusiasts of MGR
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote