View Single Post
Old 09-10-16, 04:53 PM   #18
Big-Jay

Big-Jay has a spectacular aura aboutBig-Jay has a spectacular aura about
Been in the garage again this weekend, got a few more hours in on the ZS.

Gave both the under arches a few coats of Gravigard -

And the Valence too -

I made sure to give that a good 24 hours to dry, even though it says ready to over paint in 3-4 hours, as Gravigard can be a bit temperamental if you try to paint over it too quickly. Learnt that the hard way !

Now, I usually buy my top coat paint from halfords when I'm doing jobs like this. It's not the best paint in the world or even the best colour match, but it's cheap, easy to get hold of and is substantial enough for what I need it to do. For some reason or other they don't sell any paint in my colour code so they offered to mix me some up. I've done this before and it didn't end well !

So, instead, I bought some Firefrost Red paint from a seller called Paints4U on eBay and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it -

Got the N/S painted up -

Valence too -

Ran out of paint at that though as I only bought the one can to try.

Let the base coat tack off and then laid some clear coat lacquer over the top -

I'm quite happy with the outcome of that. A fair few layers of protection on there now so should see the car rust free for the foreseeable future I hope !

Finally, I bought some stainless steel Janspeed manifolds from a chap on this forum. I received them on Friday and I'm very pleased with them -

I'm going to give them a soak in some Bilt Hambers Deox-C for a day or two which should clean them up nicely, then I'll give them a good polish.

Jay.
Big-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote