Thread: 182 va va voom!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-14, 05:21 PM   #16
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
update:

not really been on here for a while, not really been on-line much if anything. I'll start of with saying ''I wish I kept the Zed'' haha

best way to describe this as a uphill battle.. do one thing and another goes wrong, textbook French.

so after buying they coilovers shown a few posts before, it turned out that clio sports have three different suspension set-ups and none are interchangeable with out hubs being changed and so on...

they coilovers where for a standard clio 172/182 my clio is a (Full Fat version) as they call it cup pack suspension fitted... which has uprated larger hubs, uprated cup dampers and a few others, meaning all bolt spaces etc dont line up. the 3rd version is called trophy suspension which is the same as the full fat but with adjustable dampness on the dampers and differnt fittings again on the front.... they 3 are all completely separate from all the 1.2's and other models. madness!

so after deciding what to do for suspension, considering I have uprated dampers already I settled for a set of Eibach springs (recommend to be the better spring available)

no real change on driving feel, but lowers by about 30mm

next hassle was while getting them fitted I decided to get a set of uprated top mounts to go with the springs to stiffing the front right up.

looked the part but even with making spacers up they knocked something awful so got shot of them and went for new standard one.

next issue is the steering wheel!

it has a steering angle position sensor which I can not get to stay off, even with the correct boss fitted to suit the sparco wheel (the sensor fits a gap in the boss and follows the wheel) and results in disabling the traction control putting up the service light and abs... managed to get abs light to stay off but still have the service and traction control on... but it turn the traction control off for the track so happy to leave it at that.

during this process due to taking the wheel on n off constant I shorted the horn out and melted that haha! I'll take the blame for that..

but on a brighter note, it now has had a full suspension refresh and is ready to run on the 26th if the weather is any good, think am going to give it a proper caning to make up for the hassles haha!
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote