View Single Post
Old 30-07-07, 05:06 PM   #23
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Don't get me wrong, a diesel has it's place in modern society but a sports diesel is the biggest contradiction in terms ever ! Yes they have great MPG, yes they have great torque figures but the power band is so narrow it counts for practiacly nothing. I got caught behind a new Saab 9-3 diesel last night coming back from Snetterton on the A17/16. I couldn't get by at first due to traffic but every over take he did i was right on his tail. When a gap appeared i took the opportunity to get by him. He was caining the life out of this Saab (the disgusting stinky black smoke gave that one away!) but he still couldn't hold a candle to the 180. He was driving like a loon to try to keep up with me but the raw fact remains it just didn't have the power. And for the record, these Saab diesels have 148 BHP which is substantialy more than a ZS TD ! If you're still not convinced a ZS180 is quicker than a ZS TD then come along to Cadwell Park race circuit in a few weeks where i will be doing a track day. I'm willing to put a sizable bet on it, like the keys for my house !
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote