View Single Post
Old 22-08-12, 10:23 PM   #17
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I suggest anyone worried by this should download a copy of the department of transport questionaire from

http://tinyurl.com/cpw5lnj

and return it to them.

I would also suggest that we should all contact our MP and MEP objecting to the proposal on the grounds that

1) the level of testing generally falls below our current MOT
2) the purpose of the act seems to be to create a uniform level across Europe for the trading of second hand vehicles - however only UK, Eire, Cyprus and Malta drive on the left and all are islands - so there is limited trade with the rest of main land europe.
3) again it is worth highlighting the effect on the after market and that most who modify actually have safer cars than those who don't bother with MOT, tax or insurance (or licences).

I'm sure there is more but it is late - I'll do more research over the next few days.

James