View Single Post
Old 08-07-20, 08:39 PM   #299
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Update:
  • New thermostat assembly fitted.
  • New water pump fitted.
  • X6 sparks plugs fitted.
  • Piper 270 cams fitted (with issues).

So, the Piper cams. All fitted and torqued as per the book. Went to fit the main cam belt then the primary locking tools. I can’t fit the tool to the front bank. After much checking and questioning my sanity it appears I have a duff camshaft in such that they have machined the sprocket notch in the wrong place, about 90 degrees out. I offered my original camshaft up against the new one and it is different. So I have some thinking to do to get around this.

One thing I have learned from this strip down, the cam covers mesh filters are located where the breather push fittings are, one fitting is a large hole, the other looks like a solid wall, no it is not! There is a diameter 1.5mm hole there! Mine were blocked, couldn’t see it. Could cause an issue with crankcase pressures apparently.