Thread: Mot
View Single Post
Old 29-10-20, 08:13 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Hi just got a fail on the ZS mK2 DERV

Offside Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a))

Any tips on what is a quick fix

Thanks.

I had that on my MG6 the other week, turns out the bulb wasn't seated properly so the levelling device moved, but the bulb didn't. (easy fix)

However looking at the ZS lights, if you listen around the back of the headlight unit area, while someone else adjusts the light, can you hear the headlight motor moving?

If not then I would suggest the motor is scrap, or the plug might need cleaning and putting back together.

If you can, but the headlight doesn't level, then you might have popped the lens off of the ball on the end of the leveller. Easy fix, if a little fiddly, to reach your finger into the back of the unit and "click" it back into place.

If you were local I would have a look for you Pete, but we are up near Surrey now! quite a way from the Forest (I think I might even have a spare leveller here...)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote