Thread: T16
View Single Post
Old 31-10-17, 01:58 PM   #13
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
I love that feeling the first time one floors it in anger in a really fast car..... I equally appreciate the stupid grin and double checking no brown trousers!

I wonder what torque the T16 is kicking out - I presume it running a Torsen in it?

In 3rd and upwards (torque limited in 1st & 2nd) mine would give a strong tug if you floored it even with the Quaife, and that's only at around 270lbsft.....

I am slightly concerned what it might be like when we get the turbo on (that is getting closer to occurring now); with current injectors we'll not see much more torque, but there's potential with the experimental ones I've got to see 300+ and a lot still at the top end!

Glad to hear tho that you're enjoying the car
According to my research it has a Quaiffe diff in it

The torque in the car feels more than the 180, however until I am 100% happy with the way it runs and stick it on a rolling road, noone will know for sure what it has torque/power wise. I know this engine kicked out 260Bhp in the 420, before it was transplanted to the ZS, so quietly am hoping for a higher figure now

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote