View Single Post
Old 25-03-14, 09:24 AM   #18
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I've been here for as long as you Mat so am well aware of how well you looked after it otherwise I wouldn't have any interest with belts not being done but with them being due after 6 years they would be overdue.

As with any car, I have a positive/negative list and want to achieve as good a balance as possible so a couple of other questions if you can spare the time?

Does the boot leak? (mine does through the lip spoiler)
Is the entire exhaust stainless steel?
Is there rear electric windows?
Any sign of the rest calipers binding?
Does the spoiler fill with water?
Air con need regassed?
Did you replace the clutch with standard or sheddist kit?
Any bumper sag?
Any vis/plenum issues?
No leaks in the boot, solid as can be. Rear is stainless, i replaced the centre last year as the original stainless mid piece gave way and i needed a part quick and our local stockist had one on the shelf. Not electrics in the rear unfortunately. No caliper binding and no water filling in the spoiler. Air con was re-gassed last summer, clutch replaced with original spec from Rimmar Bros, tried getting hold of Sheddists version but he never responded after months of asking and then the master failed on me in a busy town centre so i had to get what was available as would any reasonable person! Rear bumper seems to have a sag on the drivers side, not very bad though and the VIS and plenum are all spot of with a nice noticeable kick in the revs. Drives very smooth, idles perfect and has regular coolant changes. Any test drive will be most welcome.
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote