View Single Post
Old 05-09-11, 01:48 PM   #7
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Well, I've had some luck.
I got quite a few replies via PeteT16's "partsgateway" link, including one from the Rover Breakers mentioned in PeterZS's post immediately above.
Unfortunately most either went quiet or said "no" when I said that I required the ignition switch transponder, central locking ECU and keyfobs too -apart from the aforementioned Rover Breakers, who wanted ?192 (ouch).
Fortunately somebody local to me recommended this place: http://www.allcarelectronics.com/
It's quite close to both my home and work addresses - in fact they had a driver in the area late this morning. So they collected the ECU from me, and will rebuild it retaining the original coding and engine map for ?165. Now I know that sounds like a lot compared to ?192 for everything, but bearing in mind that the ECU had already had a remap and replacing that would cost me at least ?150, I'm pretty happy. I should even be able to get the security codes so that I can get another keyfob programmed into it, and as they're nice and local, I've got a few more options should the job not go straightforwards.
With luck the car will be roadworthy again within the week...

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote