View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 08:50 AM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Shep mate - did you get the figures for the 120? That would be an interesting comparision.

As for your 33ish mpg, that is resonable for the 180.

Several times a year I make the same trip from West Sussex to Stoke on Trent and back -
Driven with ecconomy in mind - gentle acceleration, as little brakes as possible etc.....31 mpg
Driven fast as I was late..........got there much quicker than I should........................29 mpg
Driven normally with the flow - normal use of acceleration and brakes........................33 mpg

over the 400 mile trip that still only makes a few £ diffrence, the real cost is local driving, as little as 20mpg, I got my scanguage yesterday so I'll be doing some real time studies on the diffrent styles of driving on and off boost (soz, VIS).

Incidently I have done the trip to Stoke in our old 1.4 R100, used about the same amount of fuel!

Last edited by talkingcars; 08-08-09 at 08:55 AM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote