View Single Post
Old 13-08-07, 04:51 PM   #25
garythesnail

garythesnail is on a distinguished road
Wife's old bug-eye Subaru WRX sounded great - her new 2.5ltr version sounds pants in comparison (I've read somwhere that the 2.0ltr versions had unequal length primaries to the exhaust manifold causing the distinct engine note which have been replaced with equal length manifold primaries in the new version). When reversing along the side of the house, her old car would with its distinctive "bom-bom-bom" at tickover would make the front door rattle in sympathy. Now I here nothing until she opens the front door and catches me doing sweet FA on the couch, whereas I could spring into action to maintain the illusion of having been busy before she walked in through the door with the old car.

One of my bug-bears with my ZS is that I can't bloody hear how good the KV6 sounds unless I'm in a tunnel doing 40-60mph in 2nd gear.

A fella at a gym opposite a building site I used to work at had a lime green Plymouth somehting-or-other with a cracking sounding V8. I've also been stood next to Ferrari V8's and V12's on hols last week - what a sound! BMW's V10 sounded good in an M5 pulling away from the lights too.
garythesnail is offline   Reply With Quote