Thread: Vvc
View Single Post
Old 08-01-16, 04:46 PM   #18
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I doubt the ZR will get mapped, it's my wifes car and she is happy with performance with no more than a loud exhaust.
I meant if you gad the 143 updated and mapped cant imagine be any real different between that and a 160
My MGF is a mk1 so runs MEMS 2.0 which isn't remappable. One would have to convert to MEMS 3 which isn't that difficult but does require some effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockey5uk2001 View Post
the main difference between the 145 and the 160 is the cylinder head and valves a remap won't simply bridge the gap.

Also remapping a NASP stock engine is fairly pointless anyway as there will be fairly small gains. Would be better off with fresh fluids and a filter change.

with the VVC engines you can "Lock" the exhaust cam to a specific profile and there is some info out there on this.
As above, there are some mechanical changes but there is also an updated management system.

As with any mapping, it isn't just about the headline maximum BHP, there is more drivability and the map can be written to suit any alterations within the mechanical package.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote