View Single Post
Old 23-07-17, 07:15 PM   #247
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I'm not sure how easy it is these days to have what will essentially be a track car MOT'd ....?

Arent there issues now where if an airbag was supposed to be there, it has to be, safety things etc ... ?
There is that. If it is MSA compliant then I believe it is immune from SRS equipment being present. Now not saying this is right but some garages would use discretion with regards the test and knowing what the car is used for. If a stripped out track car and done correctly then they may work with you.

I have not had a problem as yet with bucket seats fitted (no thorax airbags), 4 point harnesses fitted (no seatbelt pre-tensioner), Momo steering wheel (no drivers airbag) and no passenger airbag either. I have disabled the SRS light and have removed the SRS system completely. If they get tough I guess I'll have to trailer it! Shame.