View Single Post
Old 14-07-12, 10:16 AM   #1
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Front brake concern

Ok, so I was cleaning and regreasing the brakes today. Reason for this was 2 fold:
1. I was interested to know why the o/s/f wheel had loooads of brake dust on the alloy in a pattern that was different to the other side....
2. I felt a slight tracking or braking issue on the way to Knockhill last time and wanted to narrow it down to possibly just tracking.

I was thinking maybe the front slider pin was jamming (I know it's usually the back) but figured it was a good time to check and clean them all.

Rears were spot on. These are the ones I had issues with when I got the car and had to hammer the feckers out!

Fronts too seemed fine except one slider pin.

Now I wish I'd taken a photo but it was raining... out of the 8 sliders, 1 of them (o/s/f) is different in that instead of just the metal shaft that goes in to the caliper....it has an indent in which a rubber bit sits. This makes the pin a lot more difficult to pull out (like suction or something). I have now removed it and the slider is much smoother.

Is this maybe a pin from another car?

Should I put the rubber bit back on?

Has anyone else seen this?

Will Batman escape once more from the clutches of the Joker?

Tune in on Monday to find out if the car explodes due to this bit or rubber being removed!!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote