View Single Post
Old 15-06-13, 10:03 AM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Not much progress in the last month as I put some time into getting the MGF ready for our 2013 roadtrip, this year we drove down to Italy and spent 3 nights in Verona which enabled us to visit Venice, Palma and Modena (inc. the museum). Prior to departure I got the cruise control kit I bought before last years roadtrip working, still needs fine tuning but defiantly worth it for long runs.

Unfortunately on the ferry back I found the cause of the coolant usage, a leak from the cambelt end of the engine so I spent the following week trying to get to the water pump, I am still to get the alternator drive wheel off but a cordless impact wrench is now on order.

Back to FE54 - I have finished running the autochanger and RCA leads, fitted the autochanger under the shelf instead of on the floor, fitted the boot mounted warning triangle and last night fitted the battery tray and started sorting the rest of the boot to fit the mk1 carpet, Dans strut brace and my battery box.

I have also prepared GV51 for the front seat and carpet swap, just need a dry day to to complete the swap.

Today I'll be off to the local breakers to find the rear electric window bits as at the very least I want to fit the electrics while the interior is in bits. The last trip yielded a Rover 820 interior light so wiring this and the MGF mirror are another job that needs doing.