View Single Post
Old 22-09-19, 01:11 PM   #4
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Like you said with some clever engineering and understanding you could modify or make new suspension that could control the angular movement, one for the pros I think. The current design works well enough for me for my track use.

I like this topic, makes you think.
Thanks, I just put it out there to make people think.

Most people deal with the things you can measure - albeit static, such as castor, camber, toe etc.

That's a little insight to one of the dynamic effects that can't be measured quite so easily, yet it is critical in a race car but rarely entertained at club level with most people saying it can't be done within regs - I disagree!

Back to the original point, I'm not saying its right or wrong, but I am interested in opinions though, would you lower a ZS in the knowledge that you will make the car less safe (induce snap oversteer) if you ever had to take avoiding action?
I think the answer depends on how you think of the consequences.

Thanks for your input

btw. I believe the dynamics can be engineered within club level regs and we will be trialling this theory on a ZS race car which we hope to become the fastest (circuit lap) ZS with the exception of the original BTCC cars.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote