Thread: Cruise Control
View Single Post
Old 20-05-13, 08:24 AM   #33
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I spent a couple of hours gutting the ZT that I'd found in the scrappy on Saturday, and came away with:
The actuator including throttle linkage,
The pump and connecting pipework,
The cruise control ECU,
The button to switch it all on and off.
The clutch and brake pedal switches.
The graphic for the tell-tale light from the dash.
Oh and the complete wiring loom from pump to fusebox.

All I'm missing is the relay and the steering-wheel buttons (already pilfered by someone else), but they should be easily sourced from another car.

When I turned up at the front office of the scrappy "wearing" the loom like a boa constrictor, the woman asked me if the only reason I hadn't brought the rest of the car was because I couldn't pick it up!!!
Then I was amazed to be charged just £10 for the entire haul. Billy Bargain or wot.

Yesterday I got busy stripping the loom of most of the wires that I didn't need (which was the majority of the loom), so that I am just left with a self-contained system which should be able to simply be mounted and plugged-in.
That's the theory anyway - it worked for the climate control system, but then that had come out of a ZS in the first place. This could be a bridge too far having come from a completely different model.
But I won't lose much sleep over it if it doesn't work for such a small investment.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote