View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 10:55 AM   #108
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11 View Post
My son was daignosed with Meningitis when he was 4 weeks old and my work (Audi) gave me 2 weeks at full pay and told me if i needed any more just to ask. Exact words i was told by the company director was (family always comes first).
My thoughts exactly, I've walked out of work before now stating the above much to the annoyance of my line manager. I told him in no uncertain terms what to do with views, he never spoke about it again, found out he had a family matter soon after and changed his views on the subject! These days employers have to be savvy concerning employee rights and most will go by the book and just give the minimum. I cannot complain too much as they paid me but what price do you put on such trauma? Rights for newborns just don't stack up when compared to losing a loved one.