View Single Post
Old 05-11-16, 07:12 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi I have a tweaked Derv and the only time I have had the MIL light on was when we blanked off the ERG

Put all the stuff back to O/E and the light went out, dont know how you fried the electrics or if you played around with the ERG set up.

There is a problem with the MK2 alarm system, you can get a "soggy sounder", water can get into the sounder unit under the coolant bottle and corrodes the innards. The trick is to open the sounder up, dry it out and reseal it. My one went and did all that but it was too far corroded where the internal battery connectors were. Used to go off driving along, or just randomly after locking it up.

Secondhand sounder sorted it.

Just pinched this, with thanks, from Rover tec. http://www.rovertech.net/forum/viewt...?f=59&t=109042