View Single Post
Old 01-02-11, 11:20 AM   #119
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
yeah getting there slowly but surely.... last time the EML was on it was a stored code from the belt replacement; but this time nothing has been touched and it came on again. worst case is the fuel pump is dying and these are the early signs....

best case is stored code and the poor starting is air in the system... hopefully matt can indeed trace it to the later and not the first... new pumps are extortion and getting one reconn'd aint much better so you kinda have to trust to luck with a scrappy one!

A\C was regassed about 6 months ago, so there is a leak, hopefully the dye has not washed off yet and it can be spotted easily and it aint too expensive to fix... not that i need for any other time than 2 weeks a year

Peter:
If your dyno trip is going to be in a few months i may plan to join you - by then the relief system will be done and i want to see how many ponies i lost getting over that backpressure. as my car has always been on that dyno it is the one i need to go back to for comparison purposes.

Am hoping that all will be done in time for the meet so some runs can be given
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote