View Single Post
Old 23-04-11, 09:53 AM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphouse View Post
I think fresh badges make such a big difference, I need to get some for my current car.

where did you get these?
Just ebayed it. Have to watch out for size etc. I went for the genuine Rover one for the rear and have just ordered a front one.

Not sure if you have to cut the locations pegs off the front one, see when I get the new one and pull the original one off.

Leaving the badge facing the sun makes the adhesive soften up, put a couple of credit cards under the rear one. Stuck on with masking tape, then put a wide paint scraper underneath and then it just pulled off.

Had the badge for a year, just chickened out in case I scratched/damaged the paint but it came off OK.

Took more time to get the old adhesive off, I used white spirit and then re-polished it. Marked the center point on the masking tape, but you can see where the old badges fit.