Thread: My zs 160 vvc
View Single Post
Old 12-10-12, 09:25 AM   #45
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Cost is always gonna be an issue for people. But - when you change the whole driving characteristics of your car - you're basically getting a new one !

If the car you have is practical for your needs, good tyres, interior etc etc - I think an engine change is a great way to refresh things.

Personally - I've never kept one long enough and always had a rationale for getting a whole new car - but with the "Red Shed" - I'm thinking what next ?...

Power-wise for me a turbo really is the only way to go in terms of a change, but I'd never go down Dan's route of the whole DIY thing. But as it's a spare - I like the idea of taking it somewhere and dropping it off - to return a few weeks later and have a whole new beast !

I'd love to have an idea of costs for engine changes etc - but recognise that if deals are done, it's not always in the interests of the businesses or the individuals to disclose.

I think you've all done a great job. Car looks neat and where the builder is close and on the forum, you've always got him to go back to..... Hats off all-round.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote