View Single Post
Old 23-09-07, 09:44 AM   #10
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
I hate to argue Mat, but your car will say "Rover", "MGRover", "Landrover", "BMW" and "Honda" as does mine and I'm sure that many other MGZS will say so too.
Yes, i'm aware of that - i've been a long term fan, supporter and modder of MG's for a few years now so i do know their parts have Rover stamps on and various 'imported' components such as Land Rover alternators etc. My statement said they are not BADGED or REGISTERED as a Rover, but as an MG instead where as an RS will always be badged, taxed and registered as a Ford. So my mate isn't right - RS's are Ford specials, MG is a seperate brand.
When William Morris started the MG brand in 1924 one of it's core values was as an affordable sports car and even back in those days MG' were badge engineered cars that were recognised as being a brand on there own. RUF converts Posches in Germany but RUF is recognised as a seperate car manufacturer.
Yes, i know the Focus RS is based upon a CL, much in the same way the original Cosworth was based upon the peasent spec' 3 door L model. And no i wasn't aware about the anti-roll bar but it reinforces again how different the MG is from the Rover !
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote