View Single Post
Old 06-07-13, 08:02 AM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Top post Dan.

Pity there are officers who have this attitude. Also a shame they abuse their powers when they know nothing of the legalities. I also would admit for me it would be hard to not be a tad offish when replying to such a claim if it were me that was stopped. I would then expect the Policeman in question to arrange for every performance store, company and fitting shop to be plundered and closed for illegal business activity. That sounds very over the top but in essence that is what he is implying.

When it comes to such scenarios how are we, the public, supposed to react and believe what they are saying? No good saying 'illegal' it must be backed up with a known law in print for us to accept. Next they will be pulling people over for having a bright paint job, 'sir your colour is illegal and hurts peoples eyes and confuses bees (read yellow here )

No doubt I will get pulled in mine if it passes the MOT with its 'illegal' Janspeed cat back and decat system. I fear the V6 will become muted

Plenty of high end cars out there with OE systems that are far noisier than ours. TVR are one that springs to mind, they are unique and well made systems. This will rattle on for some time as there is so much ambiguity in the argument.