View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 06:24 PM   #9
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
Got this delivered today. Alot less work than i was expecting to be honest. Rear suspension wise all thats wrong is the rear trailing arm has kinked pulling the wheel in and the rear arm between the bottom of the strut and the underbody has bunt round on the bush. Nothing structual at all which im pleased about. This pic shows what i mean...

Also gave it a wash as it turned up exactly as it looks in the 1st post i made. It was caked in mud. Washed it all off to reveal the whole car covered in scuffs. Every panel. I was gutted thinking i was going to have to have pretty much the whole car painted. But with a bit of elbow grease, a bottle of G3 and a bottle of Meguires all the marks came off which im pleased about and happy now . Shame really as the cars looks to have been well cared for, full service history e.t.c its just once they get written off the insurance and salvage guys just throw them about and dont care if they get damaged in transport or in the yards. Anyway only did the one side, roof, bonnet and rear as the other side and front bumper need paiting so wasn't worth cleaning up.

Heres the side i did, sideskirt just needs 2 new clips then can be clipped back on..

Then i got one with the ZR in and the ZS looking sorry for itself with broken number plate courtesy of delivery driver and badly placed ratchet straps

Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote