View Single Post
Old 30-07-11, 11:56 PM   #4
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Unless you are going for weight saving or something I would get an original bumper.

Thin fibreglass resin bumpers are never a direct fit due to the way the resin moves as it hardens so you will always need to do a bit of tinkering to make it fit.

Also theres the strength issue. You can give a standard bumper a damn good whack and not expect any damage, whereas thin fibreglass bumpers take little more than a slight catch on a speed hump or something to crack or even snap them. I had a CRX with a fully moulded front end and cracked the join where it meets the wing, and took a massive chunk out of the centre section, just by clipping a slightly ajar manhole cover! It was a flip paint so was so much hassle to do that I decided I never want those type of bumpers again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouZRBabe View Post
Looks/sounds similar to the motobuild stuff
I bought one of the Motobodge kits for my 220 turbo many years ago and the quality of the kit could only be described as atrocious. The bumpers were nowhere near fitting, the skirts were seriously twisted and I had to repair the front splitter part so many times as it was so thin it snapped as soon as a fly hit it!!