View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 05:49 PM   #35
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Ha! Supercharged one would be amazing!
I had looked at an st3 focus estate and something German but couldn’t make my mind up but I don’t have to yet.

Mine has come to a bit of a standstill with the weather and me an naomi buying a house.
I got most of the stuff stripped off and got to getting the cams off and managed to snap the inlet cams end piper has said they’ll do me a one off though but I’m unsure as to the price.

The block has a massive hole where cylinder one has gone on holiday.
I need to find a good engine, but it can wait till the new house has gone through.
But if you know of any racers with half decent spares I’d be interested.
I’m imagining I’ll be replacing a lot of stuff on the engine too

All I really need to do is get the engine lifted out.

Going to have a garage and a driveway I can get a couple of cars on so that’s where a workhorse estate came into thought and he ZS will be purely a toy which has been a long time coming.

Probably won’t get to POL this year either.
Congrats on the house move, have you got a date to move in? We've just bought a place too just north of Preston. I liked the workshop and Nadia liked the house so it was a win win!
Shame about the ZS. I don't know of any v6 engines for sale but will keep an eye out. Might be worth asking Jason or Howard Hunt if they know of anything? I've got a t series set up which I'm trying to flog? Was going to throw it in the diesel ZS but just fitted another l series instead. If you want to borrow an engine crane let me know.
Shame about POL too. If you wanted to go could always hitch a lift. Not sure which I'll be taking this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Be a shame to keep it in the garage - enjoy it !
I hope to enjoy it when the weather gets better. It's not daily material haha I'd get sick of the fuel bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Interesting article on pistonheads written because of the (then) new supercharged Jag estate -

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...-you-can/29523
Cool write up. I don't know how much of this "future classic" hype is just hype. Time will tell I guess and more fun than money in the bank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Elite View Post
Not that I have any money! But when I looked at prices of the zt v8, I'd have a hard time choosing that or an rs6.

Drew
Only trouble with an RS6 is you have to be an Audi driver. I'm more pipe and slippers than Bluetooth tusk and ray bans. I appreciate most people would love to call themselves an Audi driver however.
I agree though, for the money there are plenty of options out there. I can't quantify or rationalise the ZT, it's just one of those things you buy because you want one.