Thread: Tech question
View Single Post
Old 18-10-16, 07:06 PM   #7
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I think that must be an error because no 400 had the V6 and all V6 45's/ ZS's had ABS so even if the box drive was present it wasn't used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Both my ZS and ZR have PG1's and ABS but both box's have the drive etc there for the speedo transducer but its just got a yellow cap over them. I only know because I tried to see if I could use a transducer on the ZR to run speedo as I took abs off, unfortunately after testing on the Scope it wasn't possible as the ABS etc takes an analogue signal from sensor and converts it to digital to send to dash board
What about if you converted the clocks to the non ABS ones? 2 different clock types on ZRs I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
crikey, that was a tech reply!!

I'm used to the good old flexi speedo drive on my MGB's knew where you were with them.

All this modern space age stuff.

Haha, good to share the knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
I converted my zed to run on a gearbox drive sensor after removing my ABS.
Think it was from a Rover 400? I then used something called a "speedo healer" which amplifies or cuts down the input signal from the gearbox to drive the ZS speedo, the ZS speedo has quite a high input frequency requirement but the speedo healer sorts it
I was under the impression you were using 400 clocks too so surprised you needed to modify the signal. Or have you since gone back to ZS clocks? Got a link for the speedo healer? Not come across those before...