View Single Post
Old 09-12-07, 10:56 AM   #9
MGZS180

MGZS180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS 180 View Post
yes - I rang highways agency and they say unless I can prove that they knew there was debris on the road and more specifically what vehicle it came off then I cant really claim!

I will still pursue it though. In my view 'traffic officers' almost always attend lorry blow outs and at the very least I expected a 'debris on road' warning sign on one of the numerous gantry signs on the M6 - instead they just say 'm6 toll clear' in a bid to make money!
That is total garbage. NEVER ever take advice from a potential defendant ! ...As an Accident Investigator I have a case stored on file at work based on very similar grounds regarding Tesco supermarkets (I do not work for Tesco). The case is based on the length of time a judge believed a broken item had been left on the shop floor to cause injury. Push forward on the matter. I am more around XPowerforums than here, and if I remeber next week I will have a look at the case files on my PC at work. The value of this claim it less than £1000 and is not worth their potential defense costs. Good luck.

Check our video site HERE
MGZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote