Thread: Cruise Control
View Single Post
Old 25-02-12, 08:23 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Since then I have done a lot of research into both 45 and 75/ZT cruise control and found that they mostly share the same system but the ECU's are wired differently.

These are the ECU and actuator parts required:-

Rover 45
Cruise control relay - behind passanger footwell kick panel - part no SCB100202 - (it is not the yellow relay with the diode, it is a black box)
Cruise control ECU - behind centre consol - part no SCB100190
Actuator pump - under battery tray - part no SCC100030 or SCC100030L
Actuator - next to throttle body

Rover 75/ZT/ZT-T
Cruise control relay - above passanger footwell - part no SCB100201
Cruise control ECU - above passanger footwell - part no SCB100190
Actuator pump - top left hand corner of engine bay low down on the bulk head - part no SCC100030 or SCC100030L
Actuator - next to throttle body

The Freelander KV6 uses the same parts but I have no idea of location.

Many of these bits are still available from Rimmers and eBay but they are considerably more expensive.

In the next post I shall give you some more of the parts required.
I will also give some of the wiring info - as this requires some skills such as wiring, breaking into engine managment systems etc it won't be a full how to, just some useful info if you are considering the same.