Thread: Cruise Control
View Single Post
Old 26-02-12, 10:46 AM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Other parts required are:-

The steering wheel switches - these do come up on their own but require fitting to the steering wheel so a complete one would be better, think Rover 45.

The ZS rotery coupler has the wiring already installed so no need to replace this.

The main loom side of the coupler has a plug with sufficiant terminals to connect up, I was lucky to get the plug with all the wires so transfered the extra wires to my car, however I found it impossible to remove the terminals from the plug so used my dremal and sliced the plastic.

Another rare part is the dash board switch which fits the plug on the right hand side of the speddo surround, this is the point commonaly used for the Vis indicators. My plan is to fit the Vis indicator in the left hand socket and move the fog light switches to the centre consol as per the MK2 when I do the climate control conversion.

I suspect one could wire a front fogs switch to work as a cruise control switch.

The ZS speedo is fitted with the advice light showing that cruise is switched on but no bulb is fitted, I obtained a bulb and an extra terminal with wire from a scrap 45.

I wired the 2 lighting contacts on the cruise switch to the lighting for the fog switch, this also allows the dash light to illuminate.