View Single Post
Old 01-07-13, 09:17 AM   #38
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
In between other jobs I managed to do Sunday:

Stripped both rear coilovers, had to use alot of heat on the platform collars as both were seized solid. This took some time to shift, managed to reset them 20mm higher. Hopefully be able to tweak the height once on the car but can't be that far off from where it needs to be, roughly 40mm drop max. I think these will be replaced at some point for some new ones.

Got back under the car to tackle the LCAs, started on the nearside arm, got all the bolts out and got to the inner one, same as the offside, this seemed to be going well, the breaker bar started to make some difference then 'snap'! So I will either attempt to drill through but a cutting disc looks favourite here as the arm will not be re-used. Same needs to be done on the offside one as the bolt head has rounded off and this was using a 6-side impact socket!

Tyres, brake set, hoses should be here Weds/Thurs. So will require getting the tyres fitted at some point. I'll be needing an arch roller to fettle the fit as well. Anyone have one to hire?