View Single Post
Old 10-11-11, 04:14 PM   #49
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
there would be no point in that lol, Il see what i can do, but I kept up just about with that m3 in my 1.8vvc tro and that felt nowhere near like this lol...

Getting the brakes fitted this weekend, finding a track day soon once i got a spare couple of coilpacks. then pod in january if the weathers ok.. then turbo rebuild, then more tracks. And in the mean time i am fitting oil dials etc etc etc. Taking it to matt for a suspension setup.
suspension set up......thats a great idea tbh.
i used to have notes on all diferent settings id tried and i had found a set up i liked but that doesnt mean it was the best it could be.....and besides i dare say the last owner fiddled anyway.
Keep your eye on the front top arm bolts, i had one side come loose and it caused mot fail,, flippin wheel was wobbling !!...no probs just nipped it back up, but summat to check when your fettling. ...was drivers side.
another thing on my to do list, was stiffen up the rarb to reduce roll a bit , car 13 told me how to do it, just by tack welding a rod down the bar....sounds a bit like guess work but he swore by it. Maybe summat to talk to Matt about.?
Reason i never fitted rear adjustable arms on is because generally a good guide to camber is to have double the negative camber on the front compared to the rear, and with the rear being lowerred thats about what it was without dialling in anymore. Iirc the fronts were 3.4 degrees and the rears 1.6 degrees.

edit , wonder how it will go on at pod what with 1st gear being somewhat sensitive for want of a better description, lol.

Last edited by Quadcam24; 10-11-11 at 04:20 PM.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote