Thread: Had enough
View Single Post
Old 12-03-11, 11:39 AM   #19
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marts66 View Post
Mate, you are not alone. I had a nervous breakdown a while ago and thought my world was ending. I had hidden this from myself and others for what seemed an age and one day couldn't go on. I felt like a dam had burst, cried for a whole day and felt like ending it all. You need to see someone, i went to my GP and she was great, cried my way through a 30 minute consulatation but ultimately felt better. There's no shame in getting some treatment, if you had a broken leg you'd get it plastered, if you had a headache you'd take a pill. Mental health issues effect one in four people so you really are not alone. But do something and remeber you are most definitely not alone.
+1000000

Again not many people know me or what problems i had, but i too suffer depression/anxiety and often panick attacks.. last year i cried and cried nearly every day, i couldn't sleep, couldn't go out, nothing was worth my effort. then 1 day i'd had enough and went to my GP told him everything, like you i cried through the session saying how it was destorying my life.

They prescribed me 20mg of fluoxetines (prozac) and i've been taking them since May last year, im still on them but oh my god they have changed my life around so much, i can go out, nothing is a task any more, i am much calmer and manage to cope with the things i couldn't.. i didn't want to be on medication but i had too as i was scared of what i might do. I have a review every 3 months, got my next one on Tuesday.. i do still need to take them though because if i have missed one or 2 i feel so tired and down and dont want to do anything, but when im on them i am so happy.

Just goes to show really that there is help out there, i had counselling years ago and it didn't help me, but it might help you if you dont want medication. but dont mind me saying, it sounds like you need something to pick you back up again.

I really hope you can get better and carry on your life, and always remember you aren't alone. x x

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote