View Single Post
Old 31-10-13, 07:44 PM   #16
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
crickey! bloody good mod, hmmm might start saving for some throttle bodies then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That was a btcc throttle body and plenum, good luck with the search for one
I believe there was only 2 of these ever made, 1 is on Turks car in Ireland, and the other is on Steves.

The design is actually quite simple - easy to say after **** Bennetts spent a large sum of cash getting these proto-typed, but flow simulation, 3D printing and design, along with the carbon fibre work does not come cheap.

Even if you could replicate it, you would still need the short stubby injectors and custom fuel rail etc.

But you can take from it its design. Whilst the BTC version works well on a road car, it was likely designed to work on the 3rd harmonic wave 7-8.5k but works on the std ZS on the 4th harmonic with a slightly weaker pulse at 5.5-6k.
This is just a guess BTW, I have no evidence or put any science or maths into that.

If your interested in looking into a custom setup, I would ask around the cockshoot, I think there is some talk of intake there.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote