View Single Post
Old 06-11-13, 03:52 PM   #18
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Back when I owned a ZS I spent a lot of time chatting with QED about there ITB development, at the time they has a pair of KV6 2 ltr engines on the test rig (dyno), in fact I managed to set-up a forum visit which was very interesting. They made 2 variants of the ITB one which was designed specifically to clear the bonnet but required a fair amount of engineering to move other components out of the way, also a hike if CR, solid lifters and improved cams.
Reasonable gains but the kit was for the kit car market rather than the ZS, couple of forum members looked very closely into the ITB's but the amount of work and money required was enormous.
There was a guy running a KV6 on ITB's from Scotland in a ZR but I understood reliability may have been an issue as he was making close to 300bhp but it proves it can be done.
George used a carbon airbox with a single throttle body removing the restrictive intake but I wouldn't expect massive gains on stock CR, slightly wilder cams and an off the shelf set of manifolds, yes there will be gains but I wouldn't have thought much.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote