View Single Post
Old 13-02-20, 10:25 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
No chance, cost more than my idea, plus I’ll have a reliable 320 nasp starting point. Considering the people who have tried and run S/C V6s you would hope there would be confidence in them.
It was always a shame that the V6 had such a low boosted output; compared to what the old T could do.

It's crazy how far things have come now; a 1.8triple with a reputed 250+(the new gazoo yaris is supposed to be capable of a lot beyond the 210 book figure) & the 1.5 triple St in the ST at 200bhp out the factory.

I do feel a bit of a dinosaur with 5.0 nasp and "only" 400bhp; but when you consider the 4.0 used in the V8 75/ST was only 260 (though admittedly in low tune form) our drive to get the most our of the dead dino's it really quite impressive!

One question/worry I'd have is would making the ZS a v8 lose that sweet spot in regards to the handling/drive?
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote