View Single Post
Old 30-04-18, 11:11 AM   #8
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
As you say the insurance price will jump a lot when he becomes a full driver, pending on how long your son takes to pass though the potential of a year's no claims in his own right would help.

I think the 1.4 or 1.6 ZR or ZS will jump hugely pricewise - do some comparisons as I know in the past the MG's were "expensive" compared to other cars.

I'd also be a little wary on allowing too much driving without an instructor - the counter argument is that you don't get the reinforcement of all the good habits and it can be much easier to develop bad ones.

Not necessarily bad in terms of actually driving in the real world, but bad as in passing the test - as they are unfortunately quite different as I found out when I failed my first test!

Good luck to him tho
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote