Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old 26-11-15, 09:09 AM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Unhappy Advice needed

Some of you know I am out of work and need to plan ahead as job hunting is not going well at all. I'm even considering a change of direction. Well to ensure I pay the bills I have two routes ahead, sell the Discovery or the zed.

So my issue is the zed, it obviously means alot to me and the current values are pretty shoite. If I was to sell it complete as a very competent track car what is it worth? I know it is probably worth more in bits but not really a sensible option considering it is ready to role as is. If it was broken down it would mean alot of stripping and shipping plus being left with an immobile car. I would rather it go whole.

I have had this for well over 10 years, second owner and it's been a labour of love. If the value is lower than ideal then that's a decision already made. However if offered elsewhere other than a MG site would I get more?

Part of me cannot part with it, but at the same time I don't want to sell the Disco either! Both mean alot, but the obviously the Disco is worth more. We Buy Any Car offered £6.5k for it, so should get between £7-8k for it in an ideal world, which I am not living in at this time!