View Single Post
Old 22-03-15, 09:11 PM   #42
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
I'm not sure tbh. I absolutely love how it looks wider.
Something definitely needs to give though. Maybe 10mm off each of the rears and an arch roller.
The mk1 has.5inch less width on the wheel too so I was pushing it really but hey. I love with it.

Yeah it won't be getting done the day before. I'll be travelling down in daylight to stop the midges getting me and doing final prep work (quick detail at the Mrs in Lymm)
If I get chance I'll do it well before and I'll get some stainless bolts sorted for the suspension too.
No not yet. I'm hoping the local guy will see fruition but I'm not sure until then.
I read a few threads saying that the ECU has enough capacity to learn the 270's not sure how true that is though.
Also that it'll run lean top end but again I've heard they're all that way but I guess with a different cam it'll be leaner still.
I'm actually really looking forward to POL, so much to do yet though.
Hope you do manage to get the coilovers on, it will look incredible
I've heard talk of learning regarding the ECU too, I don't think the word learning is strictly true to be honest but rather the ECU will pluck different values from a pre-determined range dependent upon input sensor values such as lambda, temp, engine speed etc.
As long as these pre-determined ranges contain suitable values for the different input values due to the mods then you should be ok. If not, that is where a re-map comes in.

The above isn't based on experience with the 180 ECU but rather my understanding of how an ECU works in general.

Anyway, I'm talking too much. Re-map for race car points.