theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-12-10, 08:32 PM   #1
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
Big thanks to Baz69

hi all just wanted to say a big thank you Baz69 and his clan and also thanks to the mg zs forum because if it wasn't for Baz and this site i wouldn't have a very sexy Yellow MG ZS 180 sitting on my drive covered in snow lol. I bought his Yellow ZS off him on friday, travelled from Carlisle to Newcastle and then flew down to Stansted (?37 Easy jet 70 mins). Baz and his mate met me at Stansted in the ZS and let me drive some of the way back to his to check the car out. Back at his house it was like a MGR showroom ZS's everywhere you looked, another yellow 180 with twin pipes (looked and sounded sweet), a 180 mk2 both saloons and a Blue 120? hatch. After giving the Zed a check over and a much needed cup of coffee the deal was done. The car was exactly as described, which was one of my big worries travelling such a long way but Baz is a sound bloke so i need not of worried, even got a couple of extras thrown into the deal, dash inserts, speakers and a cd player to keep me awake on the way home. Thanks to Baz and Mike for driving me to to Tesco's to fuel up (?50) and some excellent directions to the nearest MacDonalds for my lunch it was back on the road for a 280 mile trip home. came up the A1 for the bulk of the trip and the car performed brilliantly sat at a steady 65 all the way apart from the odd blip to keep me awake and to scare the odd BMW arrived back in Carlisle just in time for my tea and let the kids and wife see the car.

Baz has done a few good mods to the car, catch tank, well mounted set of 6x9's, HID lights which are very good, and one of the best mods has to be the Sheddist clutch kit.

So once again a big thanks to Baz hope you and your family have a great Christmas

Smokie
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-10, 09:58 PM   #2
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Stansted, my local airfield!!!!!!!!!!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-10, 11:44 PM   #3
kkman

kkman is on a distinguished road
Glad u got a fantasic zs, I'm happy happy for you

MG-ZS 1.8L

MG-KKman 0.18L
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-10, 11:53 PM   #4
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great day! Especially that your back in time for tea to let the wife and kids have a look!
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-10, 11:59 PM   #5
baz1888

baz1888 is on a distinguished road
zs you got to love it!
baz1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-10, 12:51 AM   #6
grimmy

Nice one that is the best way to get a zed, having a massive run home. bought mine in Manchester and the run home to Cumbernauld was superb it really makes you appreciate how good the car is when you gve them a good run. Hope you enjoy your new motor.
Old 19-12-10, 02:49 AM   #7
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Yup, I travelled from Peterborough to Fife for my firsts mk2 180 and Milton Keynes to Perth for my second 180 (not as good a trip!) Worth travelling for a good car.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-10, 08:57 AM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Glad it all went well, great when you meet decent guys, got the best colour ZS as well.

Yellow does stand out, just a word of warning on motorways, less its just me.

Nice Christmas pressie,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19-12-10, 08:58 AM   #9
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I agree too. Bought my ZED just in Burton on Trent. Saw it when visiting my daughter. Came home via the A roads, like a cheshire cat when I got home..........
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-10, 02:15 PM   #10
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
yeah very nice christmas present! just spent all day giving a clean not that it needed it. will try and get some pics up when i have thawed out lol.
i have actually owned this Z'd before i bought it from my local MGR dealer when it was 2 years old. had to sell it though due to an expanding family so am really glad to get it back.
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote