theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-12-13, 01:40 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Yellow Wheel.

Well at last, the yellow wheel is fitted.. I got up late so my mates garage was shut, so as everyone said it was easy I attempted to do it my self.

Yeah ok, EASY......................................

First you have to remove the two allen keys from behind the steering wheel that hold the airbag on. Not that easy when they seem to be done up with locktight. And as for the one on the left of the wheel. Well removing the rear bank of spark plugs is easier. I had to use a mirror to see the screw!!!

Still air bag off, undo the connector. HMMMMMMMM, as per alot of the connectors on our Zeds, they are obvious as to where to squeeze or push to get the lug off. Just to be different the airbag conncector is a lift up. Still all wires free, undo the nut. Guess what? Didint had a bog enough socket, so lock him up and run back home to get other socket set.

Wheel free, and off...Lined new one up, ****** wouldnt go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silly me, airbag wire still wrong side of wheel, so pulld through. Fitting was a lot easier than removal, all back together and put battery lead back on. Horn worked, indicators cancel and the SRS light came on and off when started. So not quite as easy as everyone said, unless you have already done one.....Still as the pics show, he now has a TY wheel to go with the rest of his yellowness.

Last job now is to remove that horrible metal gearknob and fit the OE one I got. I know thats "easy" too, but I have tried twice and it wont budge. May have to get the garage to do that.......

Ah the things we do for our ZEDS..........

Last edited by daytona365; 13-11-16 at 12:27 PM.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote